with Hyper Innovation Labs: Tech Exploration
Calling undergraduate and graduate students from all majors.
Calling undergraduate and graduate students from all majors looking for hands-on experience with new digital health technologies and opportunities to build skills, make industry connections, connect to other students with similar interests, and explore use cases in health tech.
The Hyper Innovation Technology Exploration Lab is a digital playspace focused on addressing corporate/startup driven industry problems to solve engaging multidisciplinary student innovation for shared learning, hands-on experience, and talent development.
This Fall, there are opportunities for students to pursue personal interests as well as take part in challenges, projects, and demo use cases in a variety of industries.
Options for individual and team exploration in digital health include:
- AI and Predictive Analytics “Play in the Sandbox” with AI and injury risk and performance data. Develop predictive models and report out what you have learned to an industry audience at the November 19 Showcase
- Healthcare Data and Insights Take part in a real-world remote patient monitoring experiment in a stand-alone EMR environment to understand how data insights can be used to facilitate decisions by clinicians to better manage patient care. Report out what you have learned to an industry audience at the November 19 Showcase.
- Suggest Your Own Idea You may be interested in concepting and developing your own idea. We can provide de-identified healthcare datasets, predictive analytics platforms, and mentors to support your effort.
Students will be connected to staff and other students in the Hyper Innovation Digital Health Test Bed in the Technology Exploration Lab and may have the opportunity to be mentored by individuals from organizations including AHIMA (American Healthcare Information Management Association), Wisconsin Hospital Association, Talus Solutions, Axicor, Pythonic AI, Hyper Innovation, Talus Solutions, WEA Trust, Omron, UW Health, and the UW School of Medicine.
- October 5: Define work plans and learning outcomes in a virtual work session
- October 12-November 12: Take part in weekly work sessions and engage with mentors
- November 19: Present a virtual poster session to an industry audience
General Goals for Showcase:
The Showcase is a great opportunity to share what you’ve learned, sharpen your presentation skills, and have skills and experience to add to your resume.
- Describe the problem to solve or idea you worked on
- New use cases for AI and predictive analytics
- Identification of problems/challenges in using data and generating insights to improve patient care
- Provide backgrounding and research
- Describe what you experimented with
- Share what you learned
- Identify potential expansion opportunities, use cases, recommended data flows
Interested? Here’s what to do next:
Contact email@example.com with questions or to be added to the interest list for the October 5 work session. Coming to the session on October 5th does not commit you to anything, come just to learn more!
About Hyper Innovation
Hyper Innovation is an Innovation-as-a-Service agency that accelerates innovation and creates new competitive advantages for global brands and leading institutions through focusing and prioritizing growth opportunities, customer and product validation for new solutions, and informing build/buy/partner decisions. www.hyperinnovation.com