Take part in a pilot program with a focus on university-industry open innovation to identify ways to engage patients with in-home health and monitoring
How do we motive people in their homes and everyday lives to adhere to and build long-term positive health habits when using remote patient monitoring tools for tracking blood pressure and other conditions.
The Fall 2021 Hyper Innovation Digital Health Challenge is a pilot program designed as an opportunity for University of Wisconsin – Madison campus innovators and students to learn about key industry challenges and provide fresh insights on customer interactions with in-home digital health solutions.
The Fall Challenge is run as a collaboration between Hyper Innovation, a digital health innovation consultancy, and HyperX Madison, a student-run org at UW-Madison, and is focused on identifying challenges with continued engagement and improvements to customer interactions with in-home monitoring technologies.
We are inviting a selected number of solution providers, companies, and startups to provide their solutions to students to gain insights to improve products and customer experience and ideation for how to deepen engagement with in-home health monitoring.
Campus innovators and students will ideate and generate insights for improving customer experience with in-home technologies through:
1. Identifying improvements or ideas for expansion of provided solutions
2. Ideating solutions for deepening engagement and habit forming in in-home health monitoring
There are no fees to participate. All will have the opportunity to learn about industry problems and share innovative ideas through guest speaking, networking at events, and mentorship. Access to test beds and simulations may also be an option.
Between now and mid-November, campus participants will:
- Take home hardware for remote patient monitoring of blood pressure and weight
- Take part in a learning event and breakouts to generate a quantity of ideas
- Work independently and have the opportunity to take part in field testing and mentorship if desired
- Propose product improvements and/or new ideas for expansion or ideas for deepening engagement with in-home monitoring
- Best ideas will have the opportunity to be presented to an industry audience at the Tech Lab Showcase on November 17
If you have a solution that you would like to have included in this Challenge
We are seeking 2-4 companies to provide their platform or solution as part of the Challenge pilot for students and campus innovators to interact with and use as a basis for their ideation or improvement suggestions. Early, mid or late stage companies are all encouraged to apply.
We are especially interested in chatbots, voice-assisted technologies, virtual assistants, motivational or gamified apps and the like.
Desired criteria include:
- MVP or finished solution ready for testing
- Demonstrated research and/or success in more deeply engaging patients with remote patient monitoring
- Focus on general health monitoring or blood pressure or related chronic conditions
- Interest in engaging with university talent
In terms of time commitment, some companies provide orientations to teams and give input during the process. The time commitment can be as much or as little as you like. We are using the insights from this fall’s pilot to inform a larger Challenge in Spring 2022 that you will be invited to take part in. You also will be invited to the virtual Showcase on November 17 to network and take part in shared learning.
There are no fees to participate. Submit an application by September 29, 2021 @ 11:59pm CT. Selected companies will be notified via the email indicated in their application by October 1, 2021.
- Application submissions due: September 29, 2021
- Selected companies notified: October 1, 2021
- October 1-November 13: Tech Lab and Challenge Programming
- November 17: Virtual Showcase
About Hyper Innovation
Hyper Innovation (HI) is a corporate innovation consultancy specializing in digital health innovation. The agency creates new competitive advantage for global brands through strategic identification and prioritization of new opportunities, rapid test and learn methods to identify partnerships and new solutions, and ways to inform build/buy/partner decisions. Hyper Innovation works with enterprise clients such as Cigna, Roche, and OMRON as well as fast-growing startups to accelerate innovation.